Modeling of Cation Binding in Hydrated 2 [electronic resource] : 1 Clay Minerals
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Environmental Management, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- New Mexico State University
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Environmental Management
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The primary objective of our research is the development of molecular models of ion exchange on clay minerals with a view toward understanding the mechanisms of radionuclide transport through clay-rich soils. Specific scientific goals include using molecular computer simulations to calculate the thermodynamics of clay swelling and ion exchange, and to evaluate the dependence of clay properties upon interlayer ion identity and clay composition. These goals will, in general, facilitate the development structure function relationships in clays.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Smith, David E.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Annual; 06/01/1999 - 06/01/1999
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14138943