Yakima River Species Interactions Studies, Annual Report 2000 [electronic resource].
- Portland, Ore : United States. Bonneville Power Administration, 2001.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 125 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Washington (State). Department of Fish and Wildlife, United States. Bonneville Power Administration, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Species interactions research and monitoring was initiated in 1989 to investigate ecological interactions among fish in response to proposed supplementation of salmon and steelhead in the upper Yakima River basin. This is the ninth of a series of progress reports that address species interactions research and supplementation monitoring of fishes in the Yakima River basin. Data have been collected prior to supplementation to characterize the ecology and demographics of non-target taxa (NTT) and target taxon, and develop methods to monitor interactions and supplementation success. Major topics of this report are associated with the chronology of ecological interactions that occur throughout a supplementation program, implementing NTT monitoring prescriptions for detecting potential impacts of hatchery supplementation, hatchery fish interactions, and monitoring fish predation indices. This report is organized into four chapters, with a general introduction preceding the first chapter. This annual report summarizes data collected primarily by the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2000 in the Yakima basin, however these data were compared to data from previous years to identify preliminary trends and patterns. Summaries of each of the chapters included in this report are described.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/bp-00004666-1
- Other Subject(s):
- Progress Report
- Fish Populations - Washington (State) - Yakima River Watershed
- Fishery Resources - Hatchery Vs. Wild Stocks - Washington (State) - Yakima River Watershed
- Anadromous Fishes - Spawning - Washington (State) - Yakima River Watershed
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Pearsons, Todd N.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Annual; 01/01/2000 - 12/31/2000
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14139328