A shaft seal system for the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- As part of the demonstration of compliance with federal regulations, a shaft seal system has been designed for the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant. The system completely fills the 650 m shafts with components consisting of the common engineering materials, each of which possesses low permeability, longevity, and can be constructed using available technology. Design investigations couple rock mechanics and fluid flow analysis and tests of these materials within the natural geological setting, and demonstrate the effectiveness of the design.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand--96-1100c
E 1.99: conf-960804--35
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
SPECTRUM `96: international conference on nuclear and hazardous waste management, Seattle, WA (United States), 18-23 Aug 1996.
Thompson, T.W.; Knowles, M.K.; Galbraith, D.; Ahrens, E.H.; Hansen, F.D.; Tillerson, J.R.; Hurtado, L.D.; Dennis, A.W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14141017