Use of ARM data to test an improved parameterization of upper tropospheric clouds for use in climate models. Final report, December 1, 1991--May 30, 1995 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 25 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Colorado State University. Department of Atmospheric Science
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We have developed new cloud parameterizations, and tested them in an SCM, a CEM, and a full three-dimensional GCM. We have demonstrated the ability to drive the SCM and the CEM with observations similar to those that we are about to receive from ARM. We have used the three-dimensional GCM to investigate some aspects of the role of clouds in climate. The climate simulation, and especially the Earth`s radiation budget, has been substantially improved through use of the new parameterizations.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Randall, D.A.; Xu, KuanMan.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14142066