Estimation of integrated public risks for nonseismic external events affecting the Savannah River Site [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 200 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Savannah River Company
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In essence, this study was envisioned as the ``combination`` of existing accident dose and risk calculations from safety analyses of individual facilities. However, because of the extended time period over which the safety analyses were prepared, calculational assumptions and methodologies differed between the analyses. The scope of this study therefore included the standardization of assumptions and calculations as necessary to insure that the analytical logic was consistent for all the facilities. Each of the nonseismic external events considered in the analyses are addressed in individual sections in this report. In Section 2, extreme straight-line winds are examined. Section 3 addresses tornadoes, and Section 4 addresses other external events [floods, other extreme weather events (lightning, hail, and extremes in temperature or precipitation), vehicle impact, accidents involving adjacent facilities, aircraft impact, and meteorite impact]. Section 5 provides a summary of the general conclusions of the report.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Kirchner, J.R.; Durant, W.S.; robinette, R.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14142586