VIZTAB - the VIZ table correction model [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 22 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Commerce
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The VIZ atmospheric temperature correction model VIZCOR calculates the temperature correction for the VIZ rod thermistor as a function of environmental parameters. The specified environmental input parameters are used in LOWTRAN7 to define the radiation environment experienced by the radiosonde. Running VIZCOR, with the associated LOWTRAN7 model, requires nearly 5 minutes of computer time on a 486x5O processor. Because this computer execution time is excessive for processing large quantities of radiosonde data, a regression model was developed that parameterizes the results of many runs of the VIZCOR model. The regression model, which contains table look-up algorithms, has been designated VIZTAB.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14142646