Complex source rate estimation for atmospheric transport and dispersion models [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 34 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The accuracy associated with assessing the environmental consequences of an accidental atmospheric release of radioactivity is highly dependent on our knowledge of the source release rate which is generally poorly known. This paper reports on a technique that integrates the radiological measurements with atmospheric dispersion modeling for more accurate source term estimation. We construct a minimum least squares methodology for solving the inverse problem with no a priori information about the source rate.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-id--115264
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 09/01/1993 - 09/01/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14142806