Contamination source review for Building E3162, Edgewood Area, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Defense, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 75 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Defense, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report was prepared by Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) to document the results of a contamination source review for Building E3162 at the Aberdeen Proving Ground (APG) in Maryland. The report may be used to assist the US Army in planning for the future use or disposition of this building. The review included a historical records search, physical inspection, photographic documentation, geophysical investigation, and collection of air samples. The field investigations were performed by ANL during 1994 and 1995. Building E3162 (APG designation) is part of the Medical Research Laboratories Building E3160 Complex. This research laboratory complex is located west of Kings Creek, east of the airfield and Ricketts Point Road, and south of Kings Creek Road in the Edgewood Area of APG. The original structures in the E3160 Complex were constructed during World War 2. The complex was originally used as a medical research laboratory. Much of the research involved wound assessment involving chemical warfare agents. Building E3162 was used as a holding and study area for animals involved in non-agent burns. The building was constructed in 1952, placed on inactive status in 1983, and remains unoccupied. Analytical results from these air samples revealed no distinguishable difference in hydrocarbon and chlorinated solvent levels between the two background samples and the sample taken inside Building E3162.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1995., "anl/esd/tm--111", "DE96006569", and Zimmerman, R.E.; Miller, G.A.; Rueda, J.; Draugelis, A.K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14143633