Worldwide organic soil carbon and nitrogen data [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1986.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 156 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The objective of the research presented in this package was to identify data that could be used to estimate the size of the soil organic carbon pool under relatively undisturbed soil conditions. A subset of the data can be used to estimate amounts of soil carbon storage at equilibrium with natural soil-forming factors. The magnitude of soil properties so defined is a resulting nonequilibrium values for carbon storage. Variation in these values is due to differences in local and geographic soil-forming factors. Therefore, information is included on location, soil nitrogen content, climate, and vegetation along with carbon density and variation.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ornl/cdic--18
E 1.99: ndp--018
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Olson, J.S.; Zinke, P.J.; Stangenberger, A.G.; Post, W.M.; Emanual, W.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14143746