Active Sites Environmental Monitoring Program [electronic resource] : FY 1990 annual report
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1991.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 53 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Chapter 3 of US Department of Energy (DOE) Order 5820.2A (DOE 1988) sets forth requirements for environmental monitoring of active low-level waste (LLW) disposal sites. Active sites are defined as those LLW facilities that were in use on or after the date of the order (September 1988). The transuranic (TRU) waste storage areas in Solid Waste Storage Area (SWSA) 5 North are covered by Chap. 2 of the order. In both chapters, monitoring is required to provide for early warning of leaks before those leaks pose a threat to human health or the environment. Chapter 3 also requires that monitoring be conducted to evaluate the short- and long-term performance of LLW disposal facilities. In accordance with this order, the Solid Waste Operations Department at Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) has established an Active Sites Environmental Monitoring Program (ASEMP) that is implemented by staff of the Environmental Sciences Division (ESD) at ORNL. This report summarizes data from ASEMP monitoring activities for the final 6 months of FY 1990. A brief summary of the monitoring methodology for each site is presented also.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Ashwood, T.L.; Morrissey, C.M.; Wickliff, D.S.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Annual; 01/01/1989 - 12/31/1990
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14147304