Sampling big sagebrush for phytomass. [Artemisia tridentata] [electronic resource].
- Columbus, Ohio : Battelle Memorial Institute, 1975.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 18 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Battelle Memorial Institute
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Big sagebrush (Artemisia tridentata) was subjected to a double sampling procedure to obtain reliable phytomass estimates for leaves, flowering stalks, live wood, dead wood, various combinations of the preceeding, and total phytomass. Coefficients of determination (R/sup 2/) between the independent variable and various phytomass categories ranged from 0.45 to 0.93. Total phytomass was approximately 69 +- 16 (+- S.E.) g/m/sup 2/. Reductions in the variance of the phytomass estimates ranged from 33 percent to 80 percent using double sampling assuming optimum allocation. (auth)
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Workshop on wildland shrub, Provo, UT, USA, 4 Nov 1975.
Rickard, W.H.; Gilbert, R.O.; Uresk, D.W.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14149183