Integrated environmental monitoring program at the Hanford Site [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C : United States. Dept. of Energy. Assistant Secretary for Environment, Safety, and Health, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (4 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Pacific Northwest Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Assistant Secretary for Environment, Safety, and Health
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The US Department of Energy's Hanford Site, north of Richland, Washington, has a mission of defense production, waste management, environmental restoration, advanced reactor design, and research development. Environmental programs at Hanford are conducted by Pacific Northwest Laboratory (PNL) and the Westinghouse Hanford Company (WHC). The WHC environmental programs include the compliance and surveillance activities associated with site operations and waste management. The PNL environmental programs address the site-wide and the of-site areas. They include the environmental surveillance and the associated support activities, such as dose calculations, and also the monitoring of environmental conditions to comply with federal and state environmental regulations on wildlife and cultural resources. These are called independent environmental programs'' in that they are conducted completely separate from site operations. The Environmental Surveillance and Oversight Program consists of the following projects: surface environmental surveillance; ground-water surveillance; wildlife resources monitoring; cultural resources; dose overview; radiation standards and calibrations; meteorological and climatological services; emergency preparedness.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
36. annual conference on bioassay, analytical, and environmental radiochemistry, Oak Ridge, TN (USA), 22-26 Oct 1990.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14149479