Interaction of radionuclides with geomedia from the Nevada Test Site [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1979.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Aqueous/solid distribution coefficients have been measured for ¹³⁷Cs, ⁸⁵Sr, ⁹⁹Tc, ¹⁵²Eu, ¹⁴⁴Ce, ²³⁸Pu, ²⁴³Am and ²⁴⁴Cm on powdered argillite and hornfels obtained from the Nevada Test Site. The fluid phases included a groundwater simulant and deionized water preequilibrated with powdered argillite. Distribution coefficients for lanthanides and actinides are generally high and Eleana shale was found to effectively sorb technetium.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1979., "sand--79-1019c", " conf-791112--34", Materials Research Society annual meeting, LACES CONF-791173, MA (United States), 26-29 Nov 1979., Lynch, A.W.; Dosch, R.G., and Sandia Labs., Albuquerque, NM (United States)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14149868