Offshore oceanographic and environmental monitoring services for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve. Annual report for the Bryan Mound site, September 1982-August 1983. Volume III. Executive summary [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1984.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 40 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report describes the findings for the 12 months of postdisposal study conducted from September 1982 through August 1983. The areas of investigation are benthos, brine plume, data management, nekton, physical oceanography, and water and sediment quality. The specific objectives of this report are: (1) to describe the physical oceanographic and meteorological conditions which have been measured at the offshore diffuser site and in the surrounding waters; (2) to describe the effect of brine discharge on the benthic community in the diffuser site area; (3) to discuss the effect of the brine discharge on the quality of the water and sediment in the vicinity of the diffuser site; (4) to describe the measurement and empirical prediction of the areal and vertical extent of the brine plume; and (5) to characterize the effect of brine discharge on the nekton community in the vicinity of the diffuser. 2 figures.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Hann, R.W. Jr.; Randall, R.E.; Giammona, C.P.
Texas A and M Univ., College Station (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14149938