Management [electronic resource] : southeast continental shelf studies. [Oceanography of Southeast Atlantic of US Continental Shelf].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 12 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Progress is reported on oceanographic studies in the Southeast Atlantic. Results are summarized for a study of physical oceanographic factors forcing water motion on the continental shelf and the origin of Gulf Stream intrusions; the physical oceanography of intrusions once isolated from the Gulf Stream; nutrient fluxes induced by and chemical characterization of intrusions; the effects of intrusions and coastal circulation on microorganisms, phytoplankton, and zooplankton; heavy metal distribution and inputs into coastal waters; radioisotope geochemistry; and uptake and discharge of pollutants by marine organisms. (CH)
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/01/1976., "sro-901-1", Menzel, D.W., and Skidaway Inst. of Oceanography, Savannah, Ga. (USA)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14152069