Fallout studies and assessment of radiological phenomena. Preliminary report. Project 32. 4 (of) Operation Plumbbob [electronic resource].
- San Francisco, Calif. : U.S. Naval Radiological Defense Laboratory, 1957.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 39 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Naval Radiological Defense Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Data were obtained to evaluate the attenuation of photons, emitted from a fallout field, due to the surface roughness of the terrain. A study was made to determine the effect of the shot tower on the fallout material. Particles for comparison were collected from two detonations of equal scaled height, one tower supported and the other balloon supported. Data on time-dependent phenomena were recorded, as were physical characteristics of the fallout material. The use of small balloons as instrument platforms and a new fallout collector were evaluated for field use. No conclusions or recommendations can be made at this time.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
View MARC record | catkey: 14152247