Radioisotopic composition of yellowcake [electronic resource] : an estimation of stack release rates
- Argonne, Ill. : Argonne National Laboratory, 1979. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: 31 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Uranium concentrate (yellowcake) composites from four mills (Anaconda, Kerr-McGee, Highland, and Uravan) were analyzed for U-238, U-235, U-234, Th-230, Ra-226, and Pb-210. The ratio of specific activities of U-238 to U-234 in the composites suggested that secular radioactive equilibrium exists in the ore. The average activity ratios in the yellowcake were determined to be 2.7 x 10/sup -3/ (Th-230/U-238), 5 x 10/sup -4/ (Ra-226/U-238) and 2 x 10/sup -4/ (Pb-210/U-238). Based on earlier EPA measurements of the release rates from the stacks, the amount of yellowcake released was determined to be 0.1% of the amount processed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/01/1979., "nureg/cr-1216", " anl/es-84", and Kisieleski, W.E.; Momeni, M.H.; Sabau, C.S.; Rayno, D.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14152262