Development of the coal quality expert [electronic resource] : Project evaluation plan. [Technical progress report, May--July 1990].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1990.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The overall objective of this project is to provide the utility industry with a PC expert system to confidently and inexpensively evaluate the potential for coal cleaning, blending, and switching options to reduce emissions while producing lowest cost electricity. Specifically, this project will: (1) Enhance the existing Coal Quality Information System database and Coal Quality Impact Model to allow confident assessment of the effects of cleaning on specific power plant costs and performance. (2) Develop and validate a methodology, Coal Quality Expert, which allows accurate and detailed predictions of coal quality impacts on total power plant capital cost, operating cost, and performance based upon inputs from inexpensive bench-scale tests.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:doe/pc/89663--t4
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
CQ, Inc., Homer City, PA (United States)
Combustion Engineering, Inc., Windsor, CT (United States)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Quarterly; 04/01/1990 - 06/30/1990
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14153394