Metal-sulfur type cell having improved positive electrode [electronic resource].
- Berkeley, Calif. : Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1989.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- An novel metal-sulfur type cell operable at a temperature of 200.degree. C. or less with an energy density of 150 Whrs/Kg or better is disclosed characterized by an organo-sulfur cathode formed from an organic-sulfur compound having the general formula, in its charged state, of (R(S).sub.y).sub.n wherein y=1 to 6; n=2 to 20; and R is one or more different aliphatic or aromatic organic moieties having 1 to 20 carbon atoms, which may include one or more oxygen, sulfur, or nitrogen heteroatoms when R comprisises one of more aromatic rings, or one or more oxygen, sulfur, nitrogen, or fluorine atoms associtated with the chain when R comprises an aliphatic chain, wherein the aliphatic group may be linear or branched, saturated or unsaturated, and wherein either the aliphatic chain or the aromatic ring may have substituted groups thereon.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:us 4833048
- Other Subject(s):
- Metal-Sulfur Type Cell Improved Positive Electrode Novel Metal-Sulfur Type Cell Operable Temperature 200 Degree Energy Density 150 Whrs Kg Disclosed Characterized Organo-Sulfur Cathode Formed Organic-Sulfur Compound Formula Charged 20 Aliphatic Aromatic Organic Moieties 20 Carbon Atoms Oxygen Sulfur Nitrogen Heteroatoms Comprisises Aromatic Rings Oxygen Sulfur Nitrogen Fluorine Atoms Associtated Chain Comprises Aliphatic Chain Aliphatic Linear Branched Saturated Unsaturated Aliphatic Chain Aromatic Substituted Thereon Aromatic Organic Energy Density Positive Electrode Carbon Atoms Carbon Atom Disclosed Characterized Cell Operable Metal-Sulfur Type Metal-Sulfur Type Type Cell Type Cell Sulfur Cathode Sulfur Compound Aromatic Rings
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Mailhe, Catherine C.; Dejonghe, Lutgard C.; Visco, Steven J.; Armand, Michel B.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14153395