Eighteenth-century British midwifery / editor, Pam Lieske
- London : Pickering & Chatto, 2007-2009.
- Physical Description:
- 12 volumes : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lieske, Pam
- v. 1. Popular culture and medicine; Midwifery and the law; The maternal imagination -- v. 2. The Mary Toft affair -- v. 3. Continental midwives in translation -- v. 4. Midwifery texts for women -- v. 5. State of midwifery considered William Smellie and his critics -- v. 6. Elizabeth Nihell -- v. 7. Lying-in hospitals male/female midwifery debates -- v. 8 Midwifery lectures, essays, and addresses : 1750-1769 -- v. 9. Midwifery treatises : 1737-1784 -- v. 10. Midwifery lectures, essays, and addresses : c.1770-1800 -- v. 11. Difficult births and reproductive abnormalities: Caesarean births, embryulcia, and division of the symphysis pubis -- v. 12. Midwifery artefacts, instruments, and illustrations.
- 9781851968428 (set : alk. paper)
1851968423 (set : alk. paper)
1851968431 (v. 5-8 : set)
9781851968435 (v. 5-8 : set)
1851968741 (set : v. 9-12)
9781851968749 (set : v. 9-12)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Edward J. and Eleanor Black Nichols Library Endowment Fund; 2014
- Endowment Note:
- Edward J. and Eleanor Black Nichols Library Endowment Fund
View MARC record | catkey: 14159342