Air transport of plutonium metal [electronic resource] : content expansion initiative for the plutonium air transportable (PAT01) packaging
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2010. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) has submitted an application to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) for the air shipment of plutonium metal within the Plutonium Air Transportable (PAT-1) packaging. The PAT-1 packaging is currently authorized for the air transport of plutonium oxide in solid form only. The INMM presentation will provide a limited overview of the scope of the plutonium metal initiative and provide a status of the NNSA application to the NRC.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/2010., "la-ur-10-03855", " la-ur-10-3855", Institute of Nuclear Materials Management 51st Annual Meeting ; July 11, 2010 ; Baltimore, MD., and Caviness, Michael L; Mann, Paul T; Yoshimura, Richard H.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14343112