FZ2MC [electronic resource] : A Tool for Monte Carlo Transport Code Geometry Manipulation
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2009.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- PDF-file: 7 pages; size: 0.3 Mbytes
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The process of creating and validating combinatorial geometry representations of complex systems for use in Monte Carlo transport simulations can be both time consuming and error prone. To simplify this process, a tool has been developed which employs extensions of the Form-Z commercial solid modeling tool. The resultant FZ2MC (Form-Z to Monte Carlo) tool permits users to create, modify and validate Monte Carlo geometry and material composition input data. Plugin modules that export this data to an input file, as well as parse data from existing input files, have been developed for several Monte Carlo codes. The FZ2MC tool is envisioned as a 'universal' tool for the manipulation of Monte Carlo geometry and material data. To this end, collaboration on the development of plug-in modules for additional Monte Carlo codes is desired.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Presented at: International Conference on Mathematics, Computational Methods & Reactor Physics (M&C 2009), Saratoga Springs, NY, United States, May 03 - May 07, 2009.
Procassini, R J; Hackel, B M; Nielsen Jr., D E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14343953