The virtual organization membership service extention project (VOX) [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Current grid development projects are being designed such that they require end users to be authenticated under the auspices of a ''recognized'' organization, called a Virtual Organization (VO). A VO must establish resource-usage agreements with grid resource providers. The VO is responsible for authorizing its members for grid computing privileges. The individual sites and resources typically enforce additional layers of authorization. The VOX project developed at Fermilab is an extension of VOMS, developed jointly for DataTAG by INFN and for DataGrid by CERN. The VOX project provides set of services that facilitate grid users registration with a VO, administration of VO members, as well as control access of grid users to a particular site. The current state of deployment and future steps to improve the prototype and implement some new features will be discussed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:fermilab-conf-04-475-cd
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Prepared for Computing in High-Energy Physics (CHEP '04), Interlaken, Switzerland, 27 Sep - 1 Oct 2004.
Baker, R.; Berman, E.; Gardner, R.; Graham, G.; Skow, D.; Wu, Y.; Weigand, J.; Pordes, R.; Kaiser, J.; Levshina, T.; Fisk, I.; Bauderick, L.; Heavey, A.; Sekhri, V.; Carcassi, G.; Grundhoefer, L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14345511