Analyzing Enron Data [electronic resource] : Bitmap Indexing Outperforms MySQL Queries bySeveral Orders of Magnitude
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2006. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy, United States. Department of Homeland Security, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- FastBit is an efficient, compressed bitmap indexing technology that was developed in our group. In this report we evaluate the performance of MySQL and FastBit for analyzing the email traffic of the Enron dataset. The first finding shows that materializing the join results of several tables significantly improves the query performance. The second finding shows that FastBit outperforms MySQL by several orders of magnitude.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/28/2006., "lbnl--59437", ": 400470000", Wu, Kesheng; Shoshani, Arie; Rotem, Doron; Stockinger, Kurt., and Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley NationalLaboratory, Berkeley, CA (US)
- Funding Information:
- DE-AC02-05CH11231 and KWC061
View MARC record | catkey: 14345720