Software, component, and service deployment in computational Grids [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 11 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Grids comprise an infrastructure that enables scientists to use a diverse set of distributed remote services and resources as part of complex scientific problem-solving processes. We analyze some of the challenges involved in deploying software and components transparently in Grids. We report on three practical solutions used by the Globus Project. Lessons learned from this experience lead us to believe that it is necessary to support a variety of software and component deployment strategies. These strategies are based on the hosting environment.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
First International IFIP/ACM Working Conference on Component Deployment (CD 2002), Berlin (DE), 06/20/2002--06/21/2002.
Martin, S.; Blau, E.; Russell, M.; Lane, P.; von Laszewski, G.; Bletzinger, M.; Gawor, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14346649