Adaptive mesh refinement for time-domain electromagnetics using vector finite elements [electronic resource] : a feasibility study
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2005.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 23 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report investigates the feasibility of applying Adaptive Mesh Refinement (AMR) techniques to a vector finite element formulation for the wave equation in three dimensions. Possible error estimators are considered first. Next, approaches for refining tetrahedral elements are reviewed. AMR capabilities within the Nevada framework are then evaluated. We summarize our conclusions on the feasibility of AMR for time-domain vector finite elements and identify a path forward.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand2005-7561
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Turner, C. David; Kotulski, Joseph Daniel; Pasik, Michael Francis.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14346685