Echo Implemented [electronic resource] : A Model for Complex Adaptive Systems Computer Experimentation
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2001.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 62 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This paper provides an overview John Holland's Echo model, describes an implementation of the model, documents results from preliminary experiments using the model, and proposes further research in using Echo to study complex adaptive systems. Echo simulates the behavior of complex adaptive systems and can provide an experimental testbed for exploring theories of, and developing tools useful for analyzing these systems. Preliminary results indicate that the dynamic behavior of Echo can be used to generate interesting, time-series data that will be useful for evaluating the applicability of and developing tools, techniques, and possibly general theories, for the analysis of specific complex adaptive systems.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14347037