A coupled RELAPS-3D/CFD methodology with a proof-of-principle calculation [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2000. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The RELAP5-3D computer code was modified to make the explicit coupling capability in the code fully functional. As a test of the modified code, a coupled RELAP5/RELAP5 analysis of the Edwards-O'Brien blowdown problem was performed which showed no significant deviations from the standard RELAP5-3D predictions. In addition, a multiphase Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) code was modified to permit explicit coupling to RELAP5-3D. Several calculations were performed with this code. The first analysis used the experimental pressure history from a point just upstream of the break as a boundary condition. This analysis showed that a multiphase CFD code could calculate the thermodynamic and hydrodynamic conditions during a rapid blowdown transient. Finally, a coupled RELAP5/CFD analysis was performed. The results are presented in this paper.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/2000., "b-t-3268", Bauer, R.C.; Tomlinson, E.T.; Aumiller, D.L., and Bettis Atomic Power Lab., West Mifflin, PA (US)
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14347776