EPICS [electronic resource] : a retrospective on porting iocCore to multiple operating systems
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2001. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- An important component of EPICS (Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System) is iocCore, which is the core software in the IOC (input/output controller) front-end processors. At ICALEPCS 1999 a paper was presented describing plans to port iocCore to multiple operating systems. At that time iocCore only supported vxWorks, but now it also supports RTEMS, Solaris, Linux, and WinNT. This paper describes some key features of how iocCore supports multiple operating systems.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/13/2001., "anl/asd/cp-104680", 8th International Conference on Accelerator and Large Experimental Physics and Control Systems (ICALEPCS 2001), San Jose, CA (US), 11/27/2001--11/30/2001., and Anderson, J. B.; Hill, J. O.; Kraimer, M. R.; Norum, E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14347922