New Term Weighting Formulas for the Vector Space Method in Information Retrieval [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1999. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 19 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The goal in information retrieval is to enable users to automatically and accurately find data relevant to their queries. One possible approach to this problem i use the vector space model, which models documents and queries as vectors in the term space. The components of the vectors are determined by the term weighting scheme, a function of the frequencies of the terms in the document or query as well as throughout the collection. We discuss popular term weighting schemes and present several new schemes that offer improved performance.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1999., "ornl/tm-13756", and Chisholm, E.; Kolda, T.G.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14348194