Going On-Line [electronic resource] : Bringing Technical Reports to the Desktop
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1999. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 Pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Information management is moving quickly toward archiving and retrieving documents electronically, so Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) is taking steps to help its research staff create electronic documents. Declining budgets frequently dictate that authors handle the technicalities of getting published as well as the scientific and technical information that they publish. To help the Laboratory benefit from being the leader in this area, ORNL'S Information Management Section formed a multidisciplinary team to develop, pilot, and implement a Web- based process to register and clear technical documents and to add the fill text of these documents to the Laboratory's Comprehensive Publications and Presentations Registry (CPPR). Making this happen required implementing policy changes to address the new performance measure, acquiring software needed for file conversion, developing Web guidance, and providing training and consulting for ORNL staff.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/05/1999., "ornl/cp-102574", "DE00006251", Inforum '99, Oak Ridge, TN, May 5-6, 1999., and Lawson, R.A.; Dole, J.M.; Hamrin, D.R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14351261