Effect of noise on chaotic fuzzy mappings [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Chaotic mappings in the space of fuzzy sets induced by mappings of the underlying reference set are investigated. Different fuzzification schemes are considered and their impact on the resultant iterated fuzzy set, under a quadratic mapping, is studied numerically. The fuzzy set mapping is described in terms of the mapping of level cuts, resulting from the resolution theorem for fuzzy sets. In the two-dimensional case, a generalized notion, given as a fuzzy set, of the Hausdorff dimension is formulated. An example, based on the Henon Mapping, is provided.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:la-ur--96-226
E 1.99: conf-960927--1
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
5. IEEE international fuzzy systems conference, New Orleans, LA (United States), 8-11 Sep 1996.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14351393