A distributed parallel storage architecture and its potential application within EOSDIS [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Defense, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 14 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
United States. Department of Defense
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We describe the architecture, implementation, use, and potential use of a scale, high-performance, distributed-parallel data storage system developed in the ARPA funded MAGIC gigabit testbed. A collection of wide area distributed disk servers operate in parallel to provide logical block level access to large data sets. Operated primarily as a network-based cache, the architecture supports cooperation among independently owned resources to provide fast, large-scale, on-demand storage to support data handling, simulation, and computation.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Goddard conference on mass storage and technolgies, College Park, MD (United States), 28-30 Mar 1995.
Johnston, W.E.; Tierney, B.; Feuquay, J.; Butzer, T.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14352104