Methodology, status, and plans for development and assessment of the RELAP5 code [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1997. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- pages 20-41 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- RELAP/MOD3 is a computer code used for the simulation of transients and accidents in light-water nuclear power plants. The objective of the program to develop and maintain RELAP5 was and is to provide the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission with an independent tool for assessing reactor safety. This paper describes code requirements, models, solution scheme, language and structure, user interface validation, and documentation. The paper also describes the current and near term development program and provides an assessment of the code`s strengths and limitations.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/01/1997., "nureg/cp--0159", " nea/csni/r--(97)4", "conf-961192--", "TI97008508", Organization for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD)/Committee on the Safety of Nuclear Installations (CSNI) workshop on transient thermal-hydraulic codes requirements, Annapolis, MD (United States), 5-8 Nov 1996., and Johnson, G.W.; Riemke, R.A.
View MARC record | catkey: 14352622