Risk management at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Managing risks at a large national laboratory presents a unique set of challenges. These challenges include the management of a broad diversity of activities, the need to balance research flexibility against management control, and a plethora of requirements flowing from regulatory and oversight bodies. This paper will present the experiences of Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) in risk management and in dealing with these challenges. While general risk management has been practiced successfully by all levels of Laboratory management, this paper will focus on the Laboratory`s use of probabilistic safety assessment and prioritization techniques and the integration of these techniques into Laboratory operations.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:ucrl-jc--115243
E 1.99: conf-940312--45
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
2. Probabilistic safety assessment and management conference (PSAM),San Diego, CA (United States),20-24 Mar 1994.
Strait, R.S.; Cummings, G.E.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14352931