HIPPI-6400 technology dissemination [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report covers the technological aspects of High Performance Parallel Interface-6400 (HIPPI-6400), a forthcoming upgrade to the existing HIPPI protocol suite. The report concentrates on the technological advancements and situations that occur in a 6400 Megabit/s network and the solutions produced by the ANSI X3T11 committee. The first section of the report introduces HIPPI-6400 to familiarize the reader with basic concepts and lay groundwork for future sections. Section 2 analyzes the transmission control link- layer embedded in HIPPI-6400 hardware. Section 3 describes the Scheduled Transfer protocol and connection setup that allows the user to partake of the entire 6400 Mbit bandwidth; followed by Section 4 that describes the signaling interface. Section 5 provides an overview of switching requirements and constructs. Finally, Section 6 concludes the paper, describes works in progress, including simulation, and points to further reading.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1996., "la-ur--96-3033", " conf-961113--16", "DE96014712", Photonics East `96: International Society for Optical Engineering (SPIE) conference and exhibition on photonic sensors and controls for commercial applications, Boston, MA (United States), 19-21 Nov 1996., and Hoffman, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14352972