Computer workstation speeds [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 12 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Sandia National Laboratories, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This report compares the performance of several computers. Some of the machines are discontinued, and some are anticipated, but most are currently installed at Sandia Laboratories. All the computers are personal workstations or departmental servers, except for comparison, one is a Cray C90 mainframe supercomputer (not owned by the Laboratories). A few of the computers have multiple processors, but parallelism is not tested. The time to run three programs is reported for every computer. Unlike many benchmarks, these are complete application programs. They were written and are used at Sandia Laboratories. Also SPECmarks are reported for many computers. These are industry standard performance ratings. They are in general agreement with the speeds of running the Sandia programs. This report concludes with some background material and notes about specific manufacturers.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:sand--96-8245
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14353362