Numerical studies of bubble dynamics in laser thrombolysis [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1996. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Los Alamos National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The applicability of modern numerical hydrodynamic methods for modeling the bubble dynamics occurring in Laser Thrombolysis is addressed. An idealized test problem is formulated and comparisons are made between numerical and analytical results. We find that approximately 23% of the available energy is radiated acoustically in one cycle with larger fractions likely to be radiated under more realistic conditions. We conclude that this approach shows promise in helping to optimize design parameters.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/01/1996., "la-ur--96-593", " conf-960163--7", "DE96006968", Photonics West `96: conference on quantum well and superlattice physics VI, San Jose, CA (United States), 27 Jan - 2 Feb 1996., and Godwin, R.P.; Chapyak, E.J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14353532