Lessons learned from development and quality assurance of software systems at the Halden Project [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research, 1996.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- pages 35-59 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The OECD Halden Reactor Project has developed a number of software systems within the research programmes. These programmes have comprised a wide range of topics, like studies of software for safety-critical applications, development of different operator support systems, and software systems for building and implementing graphical user interfaces. The systems have ranged from simple prototypes to installations in process plants. In the development of these software systems, Halden has gained much experience in quality assurance of different types of software. This paper summarises the accumulated experience at the Halden Project in quality assurance of software systems. The different software systems being developed at the Halden Project may be grouped into three categories. These are plant-specific software systems (one-of-a-kind deliveries), generic software products, and safety-critical software systems. This classification has been found convenient as the categories have different requirements to the quality assurance process. In addition, the experience from use of software development tools and proprietary software systems at Halden, is addressed. The paper also focuses on the experience gained from the complete software life cycle, starting with the software planning phase and ending with software operation and maintenance.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:nureg/cp--0149-vol.2
E 1.99: conf-9510156--vol.2
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
23. water reactor safety information meeting, Bethesda, MD (United States), 23-25 Oct 1995.
Berg, O.; Bjorlo, T.J.; Pehrsen, M.; Dahll, G.; Sivertsen, T.
View MARC record | catkey: 14353540