History data collection, retrieving and display in the NSLS control [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper presents the history data collection, retrieve and presentation subsystem of our control system. We made every effort to make the software friendly, convenient and robust. It is widely used and has become a very valuable diagnostic tool. Anyone may start and stop his own history at any data rate up to 20 Hz. The data can be periodically written to disk files or stored in a cyclic ring buffer and dumped to a disk file upon request. All the history data files use the self-contained and self-explanatory standard format. One graphical display program displays all the history data files because of their standard format. In addition to the standard features of a plot program, this display program can display up to 16 devices on both axis, take differences with a reference point, browse the data file by pages or a scroll bar, zoom-in and zoom-out any portion of the plot, do many types of analyses, etc.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/1995., "bnl--61757", " conf-950512--114", "DE95011649", 16. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) particle accelerator conference, Dallas, TX (United States), 1-5 May 1995., and Smith, J.D.; Tang, Y.N.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14354144