Multidimensional visualization and browsing for intelligence analysis [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Defense, 1994.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 9 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Pacific Northwest Laboratory, United States. Department of Defense, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Visualization tools have been invaluable in the process of scientific discovery by providing researchers with insights gained through graphical tools and techniques. At PNL, the Multidimensional Visualization and Advanced Browsing (MVAB) project is extending visualization technology to the problems of intelligence analysis of textual documents by creating spatial representations of textual information. By representing an entire corpus of documents as points in a coordinate space of two or more dimensions, the tools developed by the MVAB team give the analyst the ability to quickly browse the entire document base and determine relationships among documents and publication patterns not readily discernible through traditional lexical means.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:pnl-sa--24870
E 1.99: conf-9409278--2
- Published through SciTech Connect.
GVIS `94: graphics and visualization conference,Richland, WA (United States),8 Sep 1994.
Thomas, J.; Pottier, M.; Crow, V.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14354487