Probabilistic accident consequence uncertainty analysis -- Uncertainty assessment for internal dosimetry. Volume 2 [electronic resource] : Appendices
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 350 unnumbered pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The development of two new probabilistic accident consequence codes, MACCS and COSYMA, was completed in 1990. These codes estimate the consequence from the accidental releases of radiological material from hypothesized accidents at nuclear installations. In 1991, the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission and the Commission of the European Communities began cosponsoring a joint uncertainty analysis of the two codes. The ultimate objective of this joint effort was to systematically develop credible and traceable uncertainty distributions for the respective code input variables. A formal expert judgment elicitation and evaluation process was identified as the best technology available for developing a library of uncertainty distributions for these consequence parameters. This report focuses on the results of the study to develop distribution for variables related to the MACCS and COSYMA internal dosimetry models. This volume contains appendices that include (1) a summary of the MACCS and COSYMA consequence codes, (2) the elicitation questionnaires and case structures, (3) the rationales and results for the panel on internal dosimetry, (4) short biographies of the experts, and (5) the aggregated results of their responses.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:nureg/cr--6571-vol.2-app.
E 1.99: eur--16773-vol.2-app.
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Harrison, J.D.; Harper, F.T.; Hora, S.C.; Goossens, L.H.J.; Cooke, R.M.; Kraan, B.C.P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14354554