IGENPRO knowledge-based digital system for process transient diagnostics and management [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1997. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Verification and validation issues have been perceived as important factors in the large scale deployment of knowledge-based digital systems for plant transient diagnostics and management. Research and development (R&D) is being performed on the IGENPRO package to resolve knowledge base issues. The IGENPRO approach is to structure the knowledge bases on generic thermal-hydraulic (T-H) first principles and not use the conventional event-basis structure. This allows for generic comprehensive knowledge, relatively small knowledge bases and above all the possibility of T-H system/plant independence. To demonstrate concept feasibility the knowledge structure has been implemented in the diagnostic module PRODIAG. Promising laboratory testing results have been obtained using data from the full scope Braidwood PWR operator training simulator. This knowledge structure is now being implemented in the transient management module PROMANA to treat unanticipated events and the PROTREN module is being developed to process actual plant data. Achievement of the IGENPRO R&D goals should contribute to the acceptance of knowledge-based digital systems for transient diagnostics and management.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/31/1997., "anl/dis/cp--94403", " conf-9709106--", "DE97054215", International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) technical committee meeting on advanced technologies for improving availability and reliability of current and future water cooled nuclear power plants, Argonne, IL (United States), 8-11 Sep 1997., and Wei, T.Y.C.; Reifman, J.; Morman, J.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14354664