Applied analysis/computational mathematics. Final report 1993 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 22 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This is the final report for the Courant Mathematics and Computing Laboratory (CMCL) research program for the years 1991--1993. Our research efforts encompass the formulation of physical problems in terms of mathematical models (both old and new), the mathematical analysis of such models, and their numerical resolution. This last step involves the development and implementation of efficient methods for large scale computation. Our analytic and numerical work often go hand in hand; new theoretical approaches often have numerical counterparts, while numerical experimentation often suggests avenues for analytical investigation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/01/1993., "doe/er/25053--t2", "DE94005133", "KC0701010", and Berger, M.; Lax, P.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Final; 01/01/1991 - 12/31/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14354793