Early experiences with the IBM SP1 and the high-performance switch [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 28 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The IBM SP1 is IBM`s newest parallel distributed-memory computer. As part of a joint project with IBM, Argonne took delivery of an early system in order to evaluate the software environment and to begin porting programming packages and applications to this machine. This report discusses the results of those efforts once the high-performance switch was installed. An earlier report (ANL/MCS-TM-177) emphasized software usability and the initial ports to the SP1. This report contains performance results and discusses some applications and tools not covered in TM 177.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/01/1993., "anl--93/41", "DE94006261", and Gropp, W.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 11/01/1993 - 11/01/1993
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14354836