Beyond interlibrary loan state-of-the-art article retrieval [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Pacific Northwest Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- At the Hanford Technical Library, high-tech methods are providing researchers and managers with better journal article delivery. New technologies include the ProQuest Business Periodicals OnDisc system, which stores images of journals on CD-ROM; optically scanned and faxed images from CURL UnCover2; and fax communications with a commercial document delivery service. Overall successes and small setbacks in implementing these services will show the possibilities of rapid article retrieval in the 1990s.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/01/1992., "pnl-sa--21344", " conf-9210158--4", "DE93004425", Infotech `92,Oak Ridge, TN (United States),21-23 Oct 1992., and Edwards, E.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14355345