Standards for message-passing in a distributed memory environment [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- Pages: (25 pages) : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This report presents a summary of the main ideas presented at the First CRPC Work-shop on Standards for Message Passing in a Distributed Memory Environment, held April 29-30, 1992, in Williamsburg, Virginia. This workshop attracted 68 attendees including representative from major hardware and software vendors, and was the first in a series of workshops sponsored by the Center for Research on Parallel Computation. The aim of this series of workshops is to develop and implement a standard for message passing on distributed memory concurrent computers, thereby making it easier to develop efficient, portable application codes for such machines. The report discusses the main issues raised in the CRPC workshop, and describes proposed desirable features of a message passing standard for distributed memory environments.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1. Center for Research on Parallel Computing (CRPC) workshop on standards for message passing in a distributed memory environment, Williamsburg, VA (United States), 29-30 Apr 1992.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14355427