Linkage of PRA models. Phase 1, Results [electronic resource].
- Rockville, Md. : U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 99 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lockheed Idaho Technologies Company, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The goal of the Phase I work of the ``Linkage of PRA Models`` project was to postulate methods of providing guidance for US Nuclear Regulator Commission (NRC) personnel on the selection and usage of probabilistic risk assessment (PRA) models that are best suited to the analysis they are performing. In particular, methods and associated features are provided for (a) the selection of an appropriate PRA model for a particular analysis, (b) complementary evaluation tools for the analysis, and (c) a PRA model cross-referencing method. As part of this work, three areas adjoining ``linking`` analyses to PRA models were investigated: (a) the PRA models that are currently available, (b) the various types of analyses that are performed within the NRC, and (c) the difficulty in trying to provide a ``generic`` classification scheme to groups plants based upon a particular plant attribute.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 12/01/1995., "inel--95/0615", "TI96003836", and Smith, C.L.; Knudsen, J.K.; Kelly, D.L.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14355831