RELAP5-3D code validation for RBMK phenomena [electronic resource].
- [Washington, D.C.] : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Nonproliferation and National Security, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 2,672 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Idaho National Engineering and Environmental Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Nonproliferation and National Security
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The RELAP5-3D thermal-hydraulic code was assessed against Japanese Safety Experiment Loop (SEL) and Heat Transfer Loop (HTL) tests. These tests were chosen because the phenomena present are applicable to analyses of Russian RBMK reactor designs. The assessment cases included parallel channel flow fluctuation tests at reduced and normal water levels, a channel inlet pipe rupture test, and a high power, density wave oscillation test. The results showed that RELAP5-3D has the capability to adequately represent these RBMK-related phenomena.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14355998