Case study [electronic resource] : Accelerated schedule for MULTI LIMS installation
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1994. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This presentation focuses on the steps taken by the Westinghouse Hanford Company to meet an accelerated schedule for configuration and implementation of the MULTI LIMS in a multiple laboratory environment. The Westinghouse Hanford Company purchased the MULTI LIMS Laboratory Information Management System in August, 1993. Hardware delivery began in October, 1993. Less than four months later, the initial configuration was released for use in two Westinghouse Hanford Company laboratories. Several major obstacles were overcome during implementation. These include information gathering for base table loading, user training, acceptance of the new system by users of a legacy system, and hardware configuration issues. In summary, steps needed to be taken to meet the accelerated implementation schedule of the MULTI LIMS at the Hanford Site. The obstacles faced were overcome through the in-depth knowledge and help of the vendor and the dedication and drive of the technical staff.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/1994., "whc-sa--2451", " conf-9405153--1", "DE94012398", "35AF11201/35AF11202", MULTI LIMS group conference,Seattle, WA (United States),4-6 May 1994., and Ibsen, T.G.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14356474